PRODUCER - EDITOR - PRO CAMERA
www.gregkaplan.tv - heavyrock.tumblr.com - email@example.com
REVOLT TV – FEBRUARY 2015 TO PRESENT (freelance)
- Series Producer of Sounds By the Sound (season 2) - 8 episode series about Seattle Music. Co-produced by Visit Seattle.
- Producer/Editor of ABC World of X-Games: Revolt at X Games Austin. Featuring Metallica, Nicki Minaj, Tony Hawk and more. Aired in Summer, 2015. Partnership with ESPN.
- Producer/Editor of ABC World of X Games: Revolt at Winter X Games 2016 featuring Twenty One Pilots, Deadmau5, Nas, Run the Jewels, Danny Davis and more. In production. To air in Spring, 2016. Partnership with ESPN.
- Producer/Editor of Long Live Chinx documentary on life of late rapper.
- Producer/Editor of Beats by Dre and Hot 97 Present Puff Daddy, Snoop Dogg and Friends Live from MSG Theater.
- Producer/Editor of Kevin Durant: The Only One.
- Producer/Editor of Floyd Mayweather: Live From Training Camp
- Producer/Editor of DJ Khaled: In His Own Words
GARBAGE (Band) and Live Nation - Fall, 2015
- Tour Video producer/camera/editor of 8 episodes web series on 20th anniversary tour.
- Director of Live Multicam show for Yahoo Music/Live Nation from Madison, Wisconsin.
VIACOM – 1996 to PRESENT (freelance + staff)
- MTV2 and MTV 360 (2013 to 2015) – Video Editor on Guy Code, Girl Code, Guy Court, Off the Bat from the MLB Fan Cave, MTV European Music Awards, Jobs That Don’t Suck, Logo NewNowNext Awards, More.
- MTV News (1999 to 2006) – Show and Segment Producer on 1515, TRL, Daily News, Diary, True LIfe, VMA Pre-Show, The Assignment, Grammy Pre-Show, MTV News Now Specials, The Amazing Break and more.
- MTV/Dickhouse Productions (2009) - Associate Producer, Editor on Steve-O: Demise and Rise.
- MTV Digital (2010 to 2012) – Producer/Editor on MTV Hive
- MTV.COM (1996 to 2000) – PA/AP on MTVNews.com, MTV.com, MTV on AOL, Intercast, and more.
- VHI (2004) - Show Producer on My Coolest Years TV Series.
- MTV On-Air Promos (2004) - Producer/Editor of “Behind the Ball” Headbangers Ball series.
- MTV Interactive (2002) - Video Producer for MTV Music Generator Video Game.
WARNER MUSIC GROUP –2004 TO PRESENT (freelance + permalance)
- Clients: Warner Bros Records, Atlantic Records, Roadrunner Records, The Warner Sound
- Producer/Director/Editor of music videos, DVDs, broadcast specials, digital content and more for Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Ed Sheeran, T.I., Josh Groban, Avenged Sevenfold, Nickelback, Garbage, Trey Songz, Flo Rida, Diggy, Waka Flocka Flame, Ratt, Stone Sour, H.I.M., Head Automatica, many more.
- Full-time from December, 2011 until April, 2013 on premium YouTube channel “The Warner Sound”
NBC NEXT MEDIA – APRIL 2010 to OCTOBER 2011 (freelance + run-of-show staff)
- Producer/Editor of various NBC News integrated marketing projects sponsored by Harley-Davidson, Sprint, Walmart, GMC Truck, Unilever, and more. Plus occasional production for Today Show, Daily Connection, MSNBC. * Winner of a 2011 National Association of Black Journalists “Salute To Excellence” Award for a “Michael Vick” exclusive interview/story with former NBC News correspondent Mara Schiavocampo
GREG KAPLAN PRODUCTIONS - MUSIC VIDEOS / LIVE VIDEOS (non-Warner) - 2004 to Present (freelance)
- Director/Producer/Editor for artists: Kix, Band of Skulls, Winery Dogs, Walking Papers, Kittie, Unearth, Fall Out Boy, Acceptance, Twin Guns, more.
KILLER BUNNY ENTERTAINMENT - 2008 to 2010 (freelance)
- Video Editor for Discovery Channel’s “Flipped, A Mobster Tells All”, Tru-TV’s “Under Fire” (test tape which led to series greenlight), and Fuse TV’s “10 Great Reasons” plus more.
METS WEEKLY (2008, 2009 MLB seasons)
- Production team member (shooting, post-producing and Avid editing) for 30 episodes of the weekly television series that followed the entire New York Mets season. Tupelo-Honey Productions
NEW YORK JETS (2009 preseason)
- Editor on NFL Films segment for a full season of Jets Flight Plan as well as Scoreboard Material.
MUSIC CHOICE - 2006 TO 2007 (permalance)
- Full time Consultant Producer/Editor of several short form shows and live performances for VOD service featuring artists P. Diddy, My Chemical Romance, Young Dro, Cassie, Cartel, Jesse McCartney and more.
WICD-TV - NEWSCHANNEL 15. NBC Affiliate. (1995 to 1996).
- Photographer/Editor for 6pm and 10pm Daily Newscasts. Sports coverage of Illinois Illini Big Ten football and basketball.
- Indiana University. BA 1995, Telecommunications / Minor in Business.
SKILLS: Writing, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Avid Media Composer and Symphony, Avid Interplay, Final Cut Pro, Canon Cameras (DSLR and C300 series), Sony Cameras (FS7 series and similar), RED Scarlet and Dragon, Arri Alexa and Amira, Soundtrack, Adobe Lightroom, Basic Web Development, Experienced Writer and Story Editor.